Friday, September 09, 2005

Trusting Activitist Judges

We are damned if we “I do” and damned if we don’t. This week the California Assembly approved legislation that would clear way for same sex couples to marry each other, and Governor (and I use this term loosely) Schwarzenegger has promised to veto the bill before it’s even on his desk, claiming that he prefers to let the courts render their judgement on this issue.

Finally, it seems that judges are to be trusted again and are no longer tagged with as “activitist” when making legal and rightful decisions. The system work for you or against you depending on who you are. Here's hoping the judge who reviews this issue is mature, wise, intelligent, enlightened and brave enough to make the decision that Governor Girlie-man seems afraid to.

The conservatives can slow down progress by using the courts, but they cannot hold it back. Looking at the history of equal rights in this country, more are gained than are ever taken away. So, I will continue to trust the Constitution. Assuming it is not ammended to discriminate against me, my family or my friends or any other American. As I have read somewhere..."Right makes might..." and this fight though long, will not be lost.

Where's the Governator Now?
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/opinion/09fri2.html

No comments: